Four “Tell-Tail” Signs Your Dog has Seasonal Allergies
If your allergies are bothering you, your pup is probably suffering too. With trees budding, flowers blooming, and pollen everywhere, springtime is arguably the hardest for those suffering from seasonal allergies. While many don’t think about it, dogs too can suffer from seasonal allergies. As we make our way toward summer, keep an eye out for these four “tell-tail” signs that your dog might have allergies too.
1. Scratching, Licking & Biting – This is one of the most common – and easiest to detect – signs that your dog might have seasonal allergies. While sometimes scratching behind an ear is as common as you might scratch your forearm, when it becomes a regularity for your dog, there might be a problem. Pay special attention to the paws and if your dog is constantly licking them. The areas between “toes” can be a hotbed of discomfort.
2. Skin Discoloration & Hot Spots – Some dog owners aren’t prone to noticing an increase in itching or scratching, but the act can lead to skin discoloration, being pink, red, inflamed, or even raw & bleeding. This is often the case for extreme allergic reactions but is one that is an undeniable sign.
3. Excessive Shedding – While it’s completely normal for dogs to shed a decent amount in the spring and summertime, keep an eye on just how much. Make sure to brush your dog regularly and keep track of just how much hair ends up in the brush. Also, watch for bald spots or areas where the fur is unnaturally thin.
4. Lethargy & Change in Demeanor – Harder to detect in more mellow or older dogs, lethargy or a change in demeanor could be a sign of seasonal allergies. Monitor your dog’s activity level and give them lots of attention, seeing how they respond. If something is out of the ordinary, this might be a sign. Ear and eye infections – a sometimes side-effect of allergies – can also contribute to this variation in behavior so check for those as well.
Anyone with seasonal allergies knows how awful they can be to cope with, and your dog could be right there with you (though they don’t have the luxury of hopping over to the corner drug store). Make sure to keep an extra close eye on your dog this spring and summer, watching for these symptoms. While a visit to the vet might be warranted depending on the severity of your dog’s symptoms, try out the all-natural route with WINPRO Allergy first, and see if you can ward off seasonal allergies with WINPRO.
For Healthy Skin & Coat
WINPRO Allergy contains a blend of animal blood proteins and other key ingredients to help relieve issues related to allergies. Whether it’s itchy skin, sore spots or runny eyes, this product is specifically formulated to combat these issues head-on. It relieves allergy issues, promotes healthy skin and coat, eases the negative effects of environmental toxins and supports seasonal and ongoing allergies.
- Reduces itching & scratching
- Provides relief for issues relating to allergies
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
- Helps ease negative effects of environmental toxins
- Supports seasonal and ongoing allergies
- Created specially for dogs
- Produced in the USA